We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
In the Quinte West area, we finally have our own after hours/emergency clinic!
The Pet Hospital of Prince Edward and Hastings County (PEHC) is a satellite of The Kingston Regional Pet Hospital (KRPH), providing out-of-hours emergency services for veterinary practices in Quinte West and The County. The hospital is located on the southern edge of Belleville at 5529 Hwy #62. The street location is just over the Bay Bridge in the Prince Edward Plaza in behind the Petro-Canada station. Their phone number is (613) 968-9956. To get there you take the #2 Highway (Dundas Street West) into Belleville and head south onto Hwy 62 at the lights by the Ramada Inn. Go over the bridge and it is located in the middle set of buildings on the right in the plaza.
The hospital is fully-equipped and staffed by a veterinarian and technician DURING ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. Very serious emergencies will be transferred to the KRPH if required, but most emergencies will be dealt with at the PEHC.
Two years ago we joined a group of practices in the area to create a dedicated emergency facility to provide high-quality after-hours services for our clients in the Kingston area. Ever since then we have been working towards the creation of this facility in the Quinte West area. In our opinion, this is by far the very best option for after-hours emergencies for our patients.
Kittens will get vaccinations at 8 weeks, 12 weeks and 16 weeks, then annually.
A vaccine is a substance created to incite an immune response for a particular disease. It needs to be given multiple times to a kitten to initiate his immune system.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed-waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 613-394-4811. We will bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. The veterinarian will then call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a technician will return your pet to your car and take care of any needed medications and payment.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets only. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Saturday & Sunday: Closed.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 5-7 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive at 613-394-4811 to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. We do have our online store available, which can be accessed from our website by clicking the online store button.
5. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Hillcrest Animal Hospital