We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Has this happened at your home? It most certainly has at mine. My kids are in charge of feeding the cats, and it seems they never tell me until Friday night when the food container is empty that we are in need of pet food. Even if they do tell me in advance I am so busy at work I often forget to order or bring it home with me!
Well, now we can help with that! We have added the ability and convenience of ordering your pet food online. The best part of this is you can order it at the time you are thinking of it. Like at 7:00 pm just after you get home from your busy day at work, grocery shopping, making dinner and about to collapse on the couch. You feed the dog and realize you need food. If tomorrow is going to be anything like today you are not going to remember about the pets food so order it now! It can be delivered right to your door. That takes one thing off your “to do” list, and you can get home sooner!
You can order anytime – 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Delivery to your doorstep, work, elderly parents home, wherever you like.
Set up auto reorder when you know how often you will need a bag and save money!
Before you use online ordering, you will have to register, so do that now as it takes 24 to 48 hours. Once set up, it is ready to use when you need it. Just go to our website, click the Online Store button and then hit Register. It will ask for your email address and have you set a password. You can now choose the pet food you wish to order, and it will be submitted for doctor approval. It is because many of our pet foods are prescription diets, BUT once you are approved for the first time it is saved for up to 12 months, so after this first registration period, the process will be much faster. Food often arrives as quick as 24 to 48 hours later.
Our goal is to remove stress and make you and your pets life convenient and enjoyable. Any questions or for help registering, please do not hesitate to call us at Hillcrest Animal Hospital, 613-394-4811.
Kittens will get vaccinations at 8 weeks, 12 weeks and 16 weeks, then annually.
A vaccine is a substance created to incite an immune response for a particular disease. It needs to be given multiple times to a kitten to initiate his immune system.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
1. We are currently operating a "closed-waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 613-394-4811. We will bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. The veterinarian will then call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a technician will return your pet to your car and take care of any needed medications and payment.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Saturday & Sunday: Closed.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 5-7 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive at 613-394-4811 to pick up your order, but do not enter the clinic. We do have our online store available, which can be accessed from our website by clicking the online store button.
5. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Hillcrest Animal Hospital